- To realize the transformative potential of education in terms of quantity, quality and equity.
- Towards a knowledge-based society in solidarity with our pluralistic values and polyphony.
- Nation-building through a socially committed academic process.
- To continually strive after excellence in every field.
- To make the youth intellectually and emotionally mature.
- To achieve the goals of a classless society and social justice through education.
The only Govt. College in the district of Pathanamthitta, GCE aims to educate the citizens and citizen-leaders for our society through our commitment to the liberative power of a liberal arts and sciences education. The College aspires to provide education and scholarship of the highest quality — to advance the frontiers of knowledge and to prepare individuals for life, work, and leadership. Achieving these aims depends on the efforts of faculty, students, and staff across the college. Whatever our individual roles, and wherever we work within GCE, we owe it to one another to uphold certain basic values of the community. These include:
- Respect for the rights, differences, and dignity of others
- Honesty and integrity in all dealings
- Conscientious pursuit of excellence in one’s work
- Accountability for actions and conduct in the workplace
The more we embrace these values in our daily lives, the more we create and sustain an environment of trust, cooperation, lively inquiry, and mutual understanding — and advance a commitment to education and scholarship, which all of us share.